Trusted Estate Planning Guidance
At Haselton, Haselton & Liddicoat LLP in Soquel, we have more than three decades of experience handling the estate planning needs of individuals and families in Santa Cruz County and throughout surrounding California communities.
Our clients come from all walks of life, from retirees seeking to maximize a lifetime of savings to young couples just starting to build families and estates.
Because of our extensive experience in both estate planning and real estate law, we are able to address the many complex issues in which these to legal areas intersect.
Full-Service Estate Planning Services
Our attorneys can help you establish all of the documents you need to create a comprehensive estate plan, including:
- Last will and testament: By creating a will, you can decide how your wealth and assets will be divided upon death. You can also name a trusted person to serve as your personal representative. If you have minor children, you can choose a trusted person who will serve as their guardian.
- Trusts: There are many different types of trusts. Many are designed to protect assets while providing revenue for trust beneficiaries. Some are revocable while others are not. Our attorneys can help you choose the trusts that best serve your financial objectives.
- Powers of attorney: A power of attorney is a person who you give authority to make important financial and healthcare-related decisions on your behalf in the event you become incapacitated and can no longer make sound decisions for yourself.
- Living will: Also known as an advance health care directive, a living will allows you to decide which types of medical treatment you would like to receive or decline in the event you are not able to communicate your wishes at the time of treatment.
- Estate litigation: If there’s a dispute about a will or trust, our attorneys can help you find a resolution. While litigation can be expensive and time-consuming, it’s also necessary in some situations. Work with a legal team who will ensure your voice is heard during complicated family disagreements.
Estate planning decisions are deeply personal and depend upon your personal wishes, family dynamics, religious beliefs and many other factors. Our attorneys will work closely with you to gain a complete understanding of your wishes so that we can craft legal plans that are just right for you.
Speak With An Experienced Estate Planning Attorney Today
Estate planning may seem complex, but our lawyers are here to make the process simple and straightforward for you. To learn more and to schedule a legal consultation with an experienced estate planning attorney in Soquel, contact our law firm online or call us at 831-726-4769.